At Oyster Park Primary Academy, we aim to continually develop our curriculum to ensure we offer all pupils an excellent education that prepares all pupils for the next stages in their education. We are proud to be a welcoming and inclusive school.
We recognise everyone as a unique individual with their own ambitions, skills and dreams. Our school aims to provide an environment that encourages life-long learning, and allows all pupils to pursue their interests and talents into the next stage of their education.
Oyster Park Primary Academy endeavours to offer a broad and balanced curriculum that builds on the knowledge, understanding and skills of all pupils delivered in an inclusive environment ensuring pupils are successful learners, who are equipped with the secure foundations to lead a successful life in modern day Britain. We aim to inspire our pupils to be ambitious, have high aspirations and to make positive contributions to their community.
Topics explored incorporate the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum 2014 enhanced by and other experiences and opportunities which best meet the learning and developmental needs of the pupils in our school. SMSC underpins the ethos of the school. We have a bespoke Social Skills curriculum that ensures all aspects of social, moral, spiritual and cultural education are incorporated as well as being reactive to our school context and events that are happening in the world around us outside of school. This was evidenced in the accreditation of the gold SMSC award.
Our broad and balanced curriculum is designed to:
· Foster a love of reading across all curriculum areas providing all pupils with the opportunity to strengthen their subject knowledge,
· Ensure all pupils are provided with carefully planned opportunities to develop Oracy in a range of contexts,
· Ensure all pupils are immersed in tier 2 and tier 3 vocabulary providing them with the language needed to speak like an expert,
· Provide opportunities for pupils to recall and discuss prior learning through a range of retention and recall strategies ensuring composite knowledge from previous learning is secure,
· Ensure sequential teaching of component knowledge is progressive and purposeful within specific topics and through key themes that thread throughout subjects.