Our Core Safeguarding Principles are:
- The school’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children is of paramount importance
- Safer children make more successful learners
- Representatives of the school community will be involved in policy development and review
- Policies will be reviewed annually unless an incident or new legislation or guidance suggests the need for an interim review.
- The school will work with other agencies and share information appropriately to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our students.
Child Protection Statement
We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We will act quickly and follow our procedures to ensure children receive early help and effective support, protection and justice.
- Welfare of the child is paramount
- All children, regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity, have equal rights to protection
- All staff have an equal responsibility to identify children who may benefit from early help and to act on any suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a child is at risk of harm.
- There is a culture of transparency, openness and, if needed, challenge with regards to maintaining high standards in safeguarding.
- Pupils and staff involved in child protection issues will receive appropriate support
Our School Safeguarding Poster Safeguarding Visitors Leaflet
Additional Information for parents